Inter Company Invoices
Along with creating Purchase Invoices or Sales Invoices for a single company, you can create inter-linked invoices for multiple companies.
Such as, you can create a Purchase Invoice for a company say 'Company ABC', and create a Sales Invoice against this Purchase Invoice for a company say 'Company XYZ' and link them together.
To create Inter Company Invoices as mentioned in the above process, you need to follow the below steps:
Go to the Customer list, select the customer which you would want to choose for the inter-linked invoices, enable the checkbox, Is Internal Customer as shown below:
Along with that, add the company which the Customer represents, i.e. the company for which the Sales Invoice will be created.
- Next, fill up the child table Allowed To Transact With as shown in the image and add the company against which you will be creating a Purchase Invoice, which will be linked with the Sales Invoice created using this Customer.
- Easy peasy, right? Now, you need to follow the similar procedure for setting up a Supplier for inter-linked invoices. And, in the Represents Company field, add the company which you added in the child table Allowed To Transact With for the Customer.
And, in the child table Allowed To Transact With for the Supplier, add the company which the Customer represents or against which you are going to make an inter-linked Purchase Invoice. You can refer the below image to avoid any confusion.
- Now, create a new Sales Invoice, fill up the fields, and remember to select the Customer who is an internal customer and company which the Customer represents.
- Submit the Invoice.
- Under the Make button dropdown, you will find a link Inter Company Invoice, on clicking the link, you will be routed to a new Purchase Invoice form page.
- Here, the supplier and company will be auto-fetched depending on the company you selected in the Sales Invoice. Remember: There can only be a single Internal Supplier or Customer per company.
- Submit the invoice, done! Now, both the invoices are inter-linked. Also, on cancelling any of the invoices, the link will break as well.
You can follow the same process to create a Purchase Invoice and then an inter-linked Sales Invoice from the submitted Purchase Invoice.