Employee Advance

Sometimes employees go outside for company's work and company pays some amount for their expenses in advance. At that time, the employee can create Employee Advance form and the expense approver can submit the advance record after verification. After Employee Advance gets submitted, the accountant releases the payment and makes the payment entry.

To make a new Employee Advance, go to:

Human Resources > Travel and Expense Claims > Employee Advance > New Employee Advance

Expense Claim

Set the Employee ID, date, purpose and requested amount and “Save” the record.

Employee Advance Submission

Employee Advance record can be created by any employee but they cannot submit the record.

After saving Employee Advance, Employee should Assign document to Approver. On assignment, approving user will also receive email notification. To automate email notification, you can also setup Email Alert.

After verification, approver can submit the Employee Advance form or reject the request.

Make Payment Entry

After submission of Employee Advance record, accounts user will be able to create payment entry via Journal Entry or Payment Entry form. The payment entry will look like following: Employee Advance Payment via Journal Entry

Employee Advance Payment via Payment Entry

On submission of payment entry, the paid amount and status will be updated in Employee Advance record.

Adjust advances on Expense Claim

Later when the employee claims the expense, an advance record can be fetched in the Expense Claim and linked to the claim record.

Employee Advance Payment via Payment Entry

Next: Employee Attendance Tool