A Timesheet is the record of the number of hours spent by an employee on completion of each task.
The Timesheet can also be used to calculate the billable towards an employee, to calculate their salaries, or to track an employee's contribution towards a Project or a Task.
In ERPNext, a Timesheet can have an account of a particular employee working on multiple Tasks or Projects in a tabular format.
To access Timesheet, go to,
Home > Projects > Time Tracking > Timesheet
1. How to create a Timesheet
- Go to Timesheet list and Click on New.
- Enter the Company name and the Employee Code.
- Add the following details to the field 'Time Sheets'.
- Activity Type: Add the type of activity for which the Time Sheet has been created.
- From Time: Enter the date and time at which the work was started.
- Hrs: Enter the number of hours for which this Time Sheet has been created. One Timesheet can be used to track the work hours on multiple days as well.
- Project: If this Time Sheet needs to be tagged to a particular Project, you can add the name of the Project here.
- Bill: This box needs to be checked if this particular Time Sheet is a billable.
- Click on 'Add Row' to add more such Time Sheets.
- After saving the Timesheet, according to the details entered in the different Time Sheets, the Start Date, End Date and the Total Working Hours will get updated automatically. Click Submit.
1.1. Alternatively, a Timesheet can also be created from a Task in the following way:
- Go to the Task for which you want to create a new Timesheet.
- Go to 'Timesheet' under the Activity section on the Dashboard. The plus icon '+' here would re-direct you to the Timesheet creation page.
Follow the steps to create a Time Sheet.
1.2. Additional Options while creating the Timesheet
The Time Sheet when expanded, allows you to enter the following details to it:
2.1 Billing Details
- Total Billable Hours: Based on the Timesheet, the Total Billable Hours will be auto-fetched here.
- Total Billable Amount: Based on the Timesheet, the Total Billable Amount will be auto-fetched here.
- Total Billed Hours: Once the Timesheet has been submitted, you will get an option to create a Sales Invoice from the Timesheet. The number of hours for which the Customer shall be billed will be fetched over here, and once the Sales Invoice is submitted, the Total Billed Hours will be fetched.
- Total Billed Amount: In the similar fashion as how the Total Billed Hours are fetched, the Total Billed Amount will also be fetched.
- Total Costing Amount: Based on the Timesheet, the Total Costing Amount, as specified by the Employee gets tagged here.
- % Amount Billed: Once the Timesheet is submitted, and a Sales Invoice is created from the Timesheet, the percentage of the Amount out of the Total Billable Amount which has been amounted for the Total Billed Amount gets calculated and is reflected here.
3. After Saving the Time Sheet
Once a Timesheet is saved and submitted, the details like Billing Rate and Costing rate get locked, and cannot be changed. The following DocTypes can be created after submitting a Timesheet.