A Blanket Order is an order from a customer to supply material for specific items over a period of time at pre-negotiated rates.
From a blanker order, sales orders can be generated as per the delivery schedule provided by the customer. Blanket orders help customers to avoid storing material in huge quantity while allowing to take advantage of discounted rates by committing volumes within a specific time period.
1. How to Create a Blanket Order
To create a new Blanket Order:
- Go to Selling > Sales > Blanket Order > New.
- Select Selling in Order Type.
- Select Customer.
- Specify the validity period by selecting From Date and To Date.
- Enter Item Code, Quantity and Rate in Item table. You can also mention the Terms and Conditions for each item.
- Click on Submit.
2.1 Create Sales Orders
Once a blanket order is submitted, you can create new sales orders by clicking on Create Sales Order button.
2.2 View Sales Orders Created against Blanket Order
Click on View Orders button to view the list of sales orders created against this blanket order.
Next: Sales Analytics