Add Products To Website
Add Products to the Website
ERPNext will populate your website with products out of your Item Master. The html code will be
Step 1: Edit Item
For this example we will add a rocking chair to our catalog to sell on our website.
To edit a catalog item go to:
Stock > Items and Pricing > Item. From there select an item to add to website or create a new item by clicking the New button in the upper right.
For this example, click on the New button to create a new item. Fill in the form and then click Save.
Step 2: Save Image
- Click the new item from the list to edit it.
- In the upper left, click the image block to give the product a picture. Be sure to uncheck the Private box so the image will be publicly viewable.
Step 3: Check the 'Show in Website' box
Under the Website section near the bottom of the form, check the box that says Show in Website. Once the box is checked, the page will display other fields for entering information.
- Give the page a route on the website.
Step 4: Enter Website Details
Show in Website checkbox is checked, a new section called Website Specifications appears. Expand this section to add more details about the rocking chair to the website.
Click Save in the upper right and then click
See on Website on the left under the product image to see the item on your website.
Items can be grouped together in items groups. To see a listing of the existing item groups to go:
Stock > Items and Pricing > Item Group. Out of the box, ERPNext comes with a collection of item groups that you can use. Click
Products to select it and then click
Edit to open it up.
- Click the Show in Website check box.
- Change the route to
- Fill in a description for your products page.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the rocking chair item, expand the website section.
- Click Add new row button under the
Item Group table.
Products from the list.
- Click Save.
To see on the website, go back to the
Item Group and then click See on website.
Next: Shopping Cart