Service Level Agreement
Last Updated on:- 31st March 2021
Effective from: 01st April 2021
This Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) documents and governs the agreed provisions of Service Terms of Support, Support Scope, Exclusions, Release and Deployment schedule and is executed between Frappe Technologies Pvt Ltd (“Frappe”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) and the Customer(“You”, “Your” or “Customer”) who has agreed to the Master Service Agreement (“MSA”) (Link:- https://erpnext.com/terms )
Please note that this SLA only applies to Support Services provided by Frappe pursuant to the MSA.(Link:- https://erpnext.com/terms )
Please read the contents of this document carefully before using any of Our Services.
- “Agreement” means this SLA describes the support policy of Frappe and shall apply to all Customers who have agreed to the MSA .
- “Business Days” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in the state or territory where the Service is being provided by Frappe.
- “Business Hours”:- 10:00 to 18:00 Indian Standard Time (“IST”) (Monday-Friday)
- “Cloud Service” means any distinct, subscription-based, hosted (and maintained) services that are offered by Frappe.
- “Core ERPNext Feature(s)” means those features of ERPNext that are provided within ERPNext and Core ERPNext Modules, as distributed without any modification and without any additional Modules. Core ERPNext Feature(s) may include features provided by Core ERPNext Modules. The list of Core ERPNext Feature(s) can be modified by Frappe at any time in its sole discretion without prior notification to the Customer.
- “Core ERPNext Modules” means Modules that are provided within the standard and unmodified public releases of ERPNext, as distributed by ERPNext Core Maintainers. Core ERPNext Modules may include: (i) accounts, (ii) assets, (iii) buying, (iv) customer relationship management, (v) human resource, (vi) projects, (vii) quality management, (viii) selling, (ix) stock, and (x) support. The list of Core ERPNext Modules may be modified by Frappe at any time in its sole discretion without any prior notification to the Customer.
- “Customer” shall mean: (i) in case an individual accepts this Agreement on behalf of himself / herself, then such individual; and (ii) in case an individual accepts this Agreement on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity (whether or not it is registered or incorporated), such company, organization or other entity.
- “Customer Data” means electronic data or any other information submitted by the Customer to Frappe, excluding content from third-party applications, integrations.
- “Database” means the underlying database that stores the Customer Data.
- “Documentation” means the applicable web resources pertaining to the information of using ERPNext, updated from time to time, the comprehensive Do-It-Yourself Guide, accessible via https://erpnext.com/docs or from within the ERPNext Account.
- “Downtime” means the time there was unavailability of an ERPNext account due to maintenance activity at our end.It may occur due to breakdown at the server's end since Frappe may host with Third Parties.
- “ERPNext Account” means the web URL for accessing the account Customer has subscribed for with Frappe. This is synonymous to ERPNext Site and ERPNext Instance.
- “Frappe Consultants” refers to the Consultants who are representatives of Frappe.
- “Issue” means a support ticket that has been raised by a Customer or an Authorized User for reporting an incident or requesting service requests.
- “Services” means the products and services that are ordered by the Customer under the MSA or provided to Customer free of charge (as applicable) or under a free trial, and made available online by Frappe.
- “Support Scope” shall have the meaning assigned to it in Section 2.1 of this Agreement.
- “Support Services” shall have the meaning under Section 5.1.1 of MSA (Link:- https://erpnext.com/terms )
- “Subscription” means the active hosting, server or support plan that the Customer has paid for availing Frappe Services.
- “User” means any individual to whom the customer grants access for accessing the ERPNext Account.
- “User Role” means the role granted to the Users in an ERPNext account. Different User Roles have various permissions and access control is exhibited using User Roles.
- “Weekend Support” :-refers to the support provided by Frappe Consultants on weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
II. Service Levels
This section provides all the relevant details on Service Availability, monitoring the scope of services and related components.
2.1. Support Scope
2.1.1 Support Services will be provided by Frappe only on the standard product and official release of ERPNext. Configurations of options available within Core ERPNext Features are a part of the standard product support. Support Services are not provided for code customizations, custom Modules and third-party Modules.
2.1.2. Support Services will be provided only for Instances running on distributions of Linux that are supported by Bench. The list of Linux distributions supported by Bench is subject to change at any time without prior notice. Customer shall be the sole responsible party to ensure that Customer is using a Linux distribution supported by Bench.
2.1.3. The Scope of this Service Level Agreement shall also include:
- Functional support: Functional Support shall include support on all standard features of ERPNext. Frappe shall only provide support in the form of guidance to the Customer. The onus of implementation extends to the Customer.
- Configuration support: Configuration Support shall include but not limited to support for configuring workflow.
- Scenario support: Scenario Support shall refer to Mapping User’s specific business use-case.
- Issue Investigation:Issue Investigation refers to examining the reported behavior of a feature when it is not exhibiting expected functionality. All issues shall be replicable and Customer shall support Frappe in replicating the issue in a non-production environment.
- Bug fix: Bug fix refers to fixing of verified bugs after Investigation. Bugs will be fixed based on severity and criticality and which are included in our regular Release process. In cases of Critical bugs it may be resolved on priority basis and released immediately.
- Data fix: In cases of Data fix, support shall be provided to the Customer only for correcting data if it is an outcome of a verified bug.
- Upgrade Support: Frappe will provide upgrades and maintain the latest version of the application in the ERPNext Account.
- Scaling Support: Optimising database to improve performance wherever deemed necessary.
2.1.4 Upon Frappe sole discretion, the Scope of this Agreement (depending on several parameters) may include Support services in feature request or feature redesign.
2.2. Support Process, Creation of Support Tickets
2.2.1 Customers can avail Support Services by raising a support ticket from their ERPNext Instance via the in-app support feature. The in-app support feature is described in more detail in the Documentation at https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support
2.2.2. All Support tickets raised by the Customer shall be classified as “Unclassified”. Frappe shall classify such Support Tickets according to Section 2.4 of this Agreement. The Customer shall be notified at a reasonable time by Frappe about the Issue Priority of the Support ticket raised by the Customer.
2.2.3. Support tickets generated by the Customer shall remain “Open” for thirty one (31) days from the date of reply of the Support Ticket by Frappe. The Support tickets after thirty one (31) days shall be automatically “Closed” if the Customer does not reply against the Support Ticket.
2.3 Support Exclusions
The following Services are not included in Support and are exclusively beyond the Scope of this Agreement. Upon Frappe sole discretion, Frappe Consultants may provide these services on a case to case basis. Frappe Consultants may train the Customers to implement these Services but the liability to perform these Services shall solely be on the Customer. These Support Services include:
- Data Entry & Data Import:- Frappe shall not be responsible for providing support in physically or electronically entering data of the Customer into the database or/and importing data from Customer’s legacy database or storage.
- Client Script & Print Format:- Frappe shall not provide support in code customization to the Customers or/and provide amendments to the Print format.
- Manual Data Sanitization:- Frappe shall not provide support is sorting or filtering of data of the Customer. The Customer is solely responsible for managing its own data.
- User Management & Permission Management:- Customer shall be solely responsible for its User & Permission Management.
- Infrastructure Purchase:- Frappe shall not provide any type of Infrastructure purchase to the Customer such as, but not limited to, server or any other type of hardware.
- Frappe shall not provide a query session each of more than thirty (30) minutes. Frappe shall provide all support through the in-app support feature as described in more detail in the Documentation at https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support. Telephonic Support shall not be provided by Frappe to any Customer.
2.4 Support Hours
The Support hours are calculated under Indian Standard Time (“IST”).The coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as follows:
- Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:00 to 18:00 IST
- Support Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +91-22-4897-0555
- The Email Support shall be only available on weekend (Saturday, Sunday) support in case if the in-app support is not accessible. Weekend Support shall only be available to Customer only on Critical issues.
- Emails received outside the Business hours will be queued and we will try to ensure solving the issue the same or next business day.
- Calls received after specified hours, weekends, will be forwarded to a designated Frappe Consultant. The best efforts will be taken to rectify the problem as per Section 2.6 of this Agreement.
2.5 Support Levels
The criteria of each level of Issue Priority shall be as per the following sequence. Each support issue will be classified based on the criticality and impact by Frappe.
- All Issues are tagged as Unclassified when they are received
- System is inoperable / not functioning
- Impact threatening productivity
- Server Failure
- Network down for whole Office
- Functional Query:-
- Issues ranging from functional queries related to various features and modules of ERPNext, Cloud Subscription Plans, Data import assistance.
- System is operational but performance very bad
- Deep Issues that require investigation in the core such as Stock Balance mismatch, Email delivery and performance, network issue for 3 or more Users
- System is operational but behaviour of a specific feature or module is incorrect
- Error Reports reported by User are automatically tagged as Bug
- Service Request:-
- When User reports a service request like major version upgrade, upgrade of subscription plan
2.6 Support Resolution Times
For the above Issue Types, the response and resolution times are as specified below.
|Issue Priority||Response Time||Resolution Time|
|Unclassified||2 hours||2 hours|
|Critical||1 hour||4 hours|
|Functional Query||4 hours||16 hours|
|Investigation||4 hours||16 hours|
|Bug||4 hours||Next Release|
|Service Request||4 hours||32 hours|
These hours are subject to:
- The matrix shown above is for defined Business Hours.
- The response and resolution time are indicative and not final. Actual resolution may depend on factors that may be out of control such as unavailability of server etc.
- Frappe does not accept any penalty if these support requests are not resolved within the indicative times.
- Fixing is subject to the Release Process as mentioned under Section 5 of this Agreement. These levels and support hours may change based on continuous improvement of our services.
III Release Process
3.1 Release Cycle
Frappe ensures that security fixes, bug fixes, upgrades, feature enhancements are deployed and released timely. Following is the release process:
- Regular Releases: Minor version releases for resolution of the bug fixes, new features, enhancement of existing features will be deployed once every three months. Issues tagged as Bug, Service Request, Discomfort are fixed/released in the said period.
- Critical Releases: To ensure that there is no compromise on customer experience, Frappe will resolve Issues tagged as Critical within 24 business hours.
Deployment of release will be done based on the deploy mechanism that is setup. If you are on Frappe Hosted Instance, the deployment is done in off peak hours and primarily there is reasonable minimum downtime.
For critical issues, deployment will be done as soon as the issue has been resolved and the release has been cleared for release.
IV Escalation Matrix
To report an Issue, Customers shall raise a support ticket by visiting https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support. In case, the issue has not been resolved according to the SLA Agreement, the issue can be escalated by reporting it via firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Issue is further not resolved, then in such cases the Customer can follow the escalation matrix as defined below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: +91-22-48970555
- Email to Harshit Agarwal (Consultant): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email to Umair Sayed (VP Operations): email@example.com