Frappe Service Level Agreement
Date: 29th November 2019
This document is indicative of the scope, terms of support, exclusions, release,
and deployment schedule that will be applicable to all customers who have
subscribed for Frappe Services.
Since we are improving our services to improve our customer experience,
this support agreement is only indicative and is subject to change.
This document covers the scope, inclusions, exclusions, categorization,
resolution details of what is covered under Frappe’s standard support contract.
- Agreement means this service level agreement which describes the support
policy of Frappe that will apply for all users hosted with Frappe.
- Cloud Service means any distinct, subscription-based, hosted (and
maintained) services that are offered by Frappe.
- Customer means the company or other legal entity that is the owner of the
data for this ERPNext account.
- Customer Data means electronic data and information submitted by the
Customer to the Services, excluding content from third-party applications,
- Database means the underlying database that stores the Customer Data.
- Documentation means the applicable web resources pertaining to the
information of using ERPNext, updated from time to time, the comprehensive
Do-It-Yourself Guide, accessible via
https://erpnext.com/docs or from
within the ERPNext Account.
- Downtime means the time there was unavailability of ERPNext account due to
maintenance activity at our end.
- ERPNext Account means the web URL for accessing the account Customer has
subscribed for with Frappe. This is synonymous with ERPNext Site and ERPNext Instance.
Basically, the URL that should matter to you!
- Frappe means Frappe Technologies Private Limited, awesome since 2008.
- Issue means a support ticket that has been raised by a Customer or an
Authorized User for reporting an incident or requesting service requests.
- Services means the products and services that are ordered by the Customer
under a Subscription Agreement form or provided to Customer free of charge
(as applicable) or under a free trial, and made available online by Frappe.
More on this in section, Service Levels.
- Subscription means the active hosting, server or support plan that the
Customer has paid for availing Frappe Services.
- User means any individual to whom customer grants access for accessing the
- User Role means the role granted to the Users in ERPNext account.
Different User Roles have various permissions and access control is
exhibited using User Roles.
3. Customer Responsibilities
Customers will be responsible for:
- Identifying a Project Champion who will also be the system manager
(Single point of contact for Frappe in the Customer’s organisation).
- Project Champion will be authorized to raise service requests like
- User compliance will be done by the Project Champion (User and User Role
management is the responsibility of system manager).
- Before raising a support ticket, the User is expected to refer to the
excellent online resources, documentation, and ERPNext Video Tutorials.
4. Service Levels
Effective support services are expected to result in maintaining consistent
service levels. The following sections provide relevant details on service
availability, monitoring of scope of services and related components.
4.1 Support Scope
The scope of this Service Level Agreement includes:
- Functional support: Includes support on all standard features of ERPNext
- Configuration support: Support for configuring workflow, print format
- Scenario support: Mapping User’s specific business use-case
- Issue Investigation: Examine the reported behavior of feature when it is
not exhibiting expected functionality.
- Bug fix: Fixing verified bugs after Investigation. Bugs will be fixed
based on severity and criticality and included in our regular release
process. Critical bugs will be taken up on priority and released immediately.
- Data fix: Includes support for correcting data if it is an outcome of
- Upgrade Support: Upgrading and maintaining latest version of app in
- Scaling Support: Optimizing database to improve performance wherever
Frappe takes best efforts to provide enriched customer experience to all Users.
The scope of this SLA can extend (depending on several parameters) and may
- Minor feature request
- Minor feature redesign
4.2 Support Exclusions
The following items are not included in support. Our consultants may do these
activities on a case basis but there is no obligation for us to do these for
support. The reason is that these can be time consuming activities based on
scale and scope. Our consultants can train you to do these activities but they
are to be done by the Customer. These activities include:
- Data Entry
- Custom Script
- Print Format
- Data Import
- Manual Data sanitization
- User Management
- Permission Management
- Query sessions more than 30 mins
4.3 Support Hours
Coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as
- Business Hours: 10:00 to 18:00 Indian Standard Time (Monday-Friday)
- Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +91-22-4897-0555
- Only email support available on weekends (Saturday, Sunday).
- Emails received outside of these hours will be collected and we will try to
ensure solving the issue the same or next business day.
- Calls received after specified hours, weekends, will be forwarded to a
designated IT Engineer. The best efforts will be taken to rectify the problem
as per the business hour response matrix.
4.4 Support Levels
The criteria of each level of Issue Priority shall be as per the following
table. Each support issue will be classified based on the criticality and impact
- All Issues are tagged as Unclassified when they are received
- System is inoperable / not functioning
- Impact threatening productivity
- Server Failure
- Network down for whole Office
- Issues ranging from functional queries related to various features and modules of ERPNext, Cloud Subscription Plans, Data import assistance.
- System is operational but performance very bad
- Deep Issues that require investigation in the core such as Stock Balance mismatch, Email delivery and performance, network issue for 3 or more Users
- System is operational but behaviour of a specific feature or module is incorrect
- Error Reports reported by User are automatically tagged as Bug
- When User reports a service request like major version upgrade, upgrade of subscription plan
- System is operational but behaviour of a feature is not as per expectations
- Scalability issues that cause mild discontent to Users while using ERPNext
- Security vulnerabilities that can compromise Customer Data
4.5 Support Resolution Times
For the above Issue Types, the response and resolution times are as specified
These hours are subject to:
- The matrix shown above is for defined in Business Hours.
- The response and resolution time are indicative and not final. Actual
resolution may depend on factors that may be out of control such as
unavailability of server etc.
- Frappe does not accept any penalty if these support requests are not
resolved within the indicative times.
- Fixing is subject to release (see Release process below). These levels and
support hours may change based on continuous improvement of our services. For
latest terms please check
5. Release Process
5.1 Release Cycle
Frappe ensures that security fixes, bug fixes, upgrades, feature enhancements
are deployed and released timely. Following is the release process:
Minor version releases for resolution of the bug fixes, new features,
enhancement of existing features will be deployed once every three months.
Issues tagged as Bug, Service Request, Discomfort are fixed/released in the said period.
To ensure that there is no compromise on customer experience, Frappe will
resolve Issues tagged as Critical within 24 business hours.
Deployment of release will be done based on the deploy mechanism that is setup.
If you are on Frappe Cloud, the deployment is done in off peak hours and usually
there is minimum downtime.
For critical issues, deployment is done as soon as the issue has been resolved
and the release has been cleared for release.
6. Escalation Matrix
To report an Issue, Users should send an email to email@example.com
If the Issue is not resolved, they can follow the escalation matrix defined