Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between Frappe Cloud and ERPNext?
ERPNext is a fully open source ERP software. You pay absolutely zero for running and managing it by yourself.
However, if you do not have hosting capability and are looking to host your ERPNext site with us, Frappe Cloud is the way to go.
Frappe Cloud provides hosting services to all ERPNext sites. For minimal plans based on data storage and server consumption, Frappe Cloud charges and supports you with hosting services .
ERPNext subscription comes into play, if you need value added services such as bug fixing on priority, consultation services, customization support, Devops support for migration & upgrades.
2. If ERPNext is free, what do I pay for?
ERPNext is free and open-source software and always will remain so. You can install this software locally and host it on your server and pay us absolutely nothing running it and managing it on your own.
While the product is free, if you require professional services such as hosting, support, and implementation, the services remain paid.
Opting for such services is a great way to ensure that the developers and maintainers continue to provide the software at such a low cost.
3. Who is offering these services?
The support and hosting services are provided by Frappe Technologies, the OEM of ERPNext.
4. What are the paid offerings provided by ERPNext?
Paid offerings can be categorized into the following:
- Hosting: a monthly subscription in which you can choose the processing power available for your ERP instance through Frappe Cloud.
- Support: incident support and product warranty to ensure business continuity.
- Implementation: Assistance in setting up ERPNext initially.
5. What does Enterprise support cover?
Enterprise support covers critical bug fixes, priority functional support, and product warranty for your ERPNext instance.
You will be in touch with the core team that built and maintains ERPNext and can rely on them for business continuity.
6. Can I host ERPNext on my own servers and avail only support?
Yes! If you wish to host ERPNext yourself, you can avail of the support and warranty services as well!
7. How is the Enterprise Support priced?
Frappe offers various support packs which offer different flavours of support. Each module (such as manufacturing, accounting, purchase, HR, etc.) is priced differently. You can avail support for the module you wish to use and implement.
The best part about this is that the support plans are independent of the number of users. Yes, you do not have to worry about how many users have access to certain functions unlike the licensing structures followed by legacy systems and other SaaS offerings.
Get in touch to know more!
8. Is it possible to avail of these support services locally?
Yes. Frappe works with a network of partners across the globe. You can find a list of approved partners here.
9. Is the support plan billed monthly or yearly?
All support and warranty plans are billed yearly.
10. What are the payment options available?
All support services are to be paid via Wire Transfer. The details for the same can be found here.
11. Have more questions?
Get in touch with us!