Master Services Agreement
Last updated on: 19th November 2021
Effective from: 19th November 2021
This Service Level Agreement ("SLA") documents and governs the agreed provisions of Service Terms of Support provided by Frappe, Support Scope, Exclusions, Release and Deployment schedule and is executed between Frappe Technologies Pvt. Ltd. ("Frappe", "We", "Us" or "Our") and the Customer("You", "Your" or "Customer") who is entered into by our listed certified partners.
Please note that this SLA only applies to Support Services provided to small businesses who have subscribed to the SMB plan from our certified partners.
Please read the contents of this document carefully before using any of Our Services.
1.1* "Agreement" means this SLA describes the support policy of Frappe and shall apply to all Customers who have subscribed to the SMB plan through our certified partners.
1.2 "Business Days" means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday in the state or territory where the Service is being provided by Frappe.
1.3 "Business Hours":- 10:00 to 18:00 Indian Standard Time ("IST") (Monday-Friday)
1.4 Certified Partners:- The partners who have officially been listed as Certified Partners with Frappe.
1.5 "Customer" shall mean: (i) in case an individual accepts this Agreement on behalf of himself/herself, then such individual and has a separate service agreement with any of our Certified Partners; and (ii) in case an individual accepts this Agreement on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity (whether or not it is registered or incorporated), such company, organization or other entity and has a separate service agreement with any of our Certified Partners.
1.6 "Customer Data" means electronic data or any other information submitted by the Customer to Frappe, excluding content from third-party applications, integrations.
1.7 "Database" means the underlying database that stores the Customer Data.
1.8 "Downtime" means the time there was the unavailability of an ERPNext account due to maintenance activity at our end. It may occur due to a breakdown at the server's end since Frappe may host with Third Parties.
1.9 “Frappe Consultants” refers to the Consultants who are representatives of Frappe.
1.10 "Issue" means a support ticket that has been raised by a Customer or an Authorized User for reporting an incident or requesting service requests.
1.11 “Level 1 Support Services” shall be according to the Agreement with the certified partner of Frappe and Frappe shall not hold any liability to provide Level 1 Support Services to the Customer directly. The scope of the level 1 Support Services shall be defined by the certified partner (if provided) to the Customer.
1.12. “Level 2 Support Services” shall broadly refer to issues in relation to Core ERPNext Module or feature which can be replicated on our test instance. Further, the definition of Level 2 Support Services shall be included according to Section 2.1.2 of this Agreement.
1.11 "Support Scope" shall have the meaning assigned to it in Section 2.1 of this Agreement.
1.12 "User" means any individual to whom the customer grants access for accessing any of Frappe Accounts.
2.1. Support Scope:-
- 2.1.1 Frappe shall be responsible for providing all Level 2 Support Services to the Customer.
- 2.1.2 Level 2 Support Services is a more in-depth technical support level than Level 1. It is synonymous with level 2 support, support line 2, administrative level support, and various other headings denoting advanced technical troubleshooting and analysis methods, such as solving basic technical problems and for investigating elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking for known solutions related to these more complex issues and includes Bug & service requests (as mentioned in clause 2.5.1 of this Agreement) under the Service Level Agreement. Level 2 support also includes support in relation to Product issues or Product warranty and shall exclude feature requests.
- 2.1.3. The Scope of this Service Level Agreement shall include that Frappe shall be providing Level 2 Support Services which includes Product issue and Product warranty to the Customer and which also includes the following:-
- Issue Investigation: Issue Investigation refers to examining the reported behavior of a feature when it is not exhibiting expected functionality. All issues shall be replicable and the Customer shall support Frappe in replicating the issue in a non-production environment.
- Bugfix: Bug fix refers to fixing of verified bugs after Investigation. Bugs will be fixed based on severity and criticality and which are included in our regular Release process. In cases of Critical bugs, they may be resolved on a priority basis and released immediately.
2.2 Support Process, Creation of Support Tickets
- 2.2.1 Customers can avail of Level 2 Support Services by raising a support ticket from their ERPNext Instance via the in-app support feature. The in-app support feature is described in more detail in the Documentation at https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support.
- 2.2.2 All Support tickets raised by the Customer shall be classified as "Unclassified". Frappe shall classify such Support Tickets according to Section 2.4 of this Agreement. The Customer shall be notified at a reasonable time by Frappe about the Issue Priority of the Support ticket raised by the Customer. If the Support Request qualifies for a Level 1 Support Service, Frappe shall request the Customer to redirect the request to the Certified Partner who has onboarded the customer and signed a service agreement.
- 2.2.3 Support tickets generated by the Customer shall remain "Open" for thirty-one (31) days from the date of reply of the Support Ticket by Frappe. The Support tickets after thirty-one (31) days shall be automatically "Closed" if the Customer does not reply against the Support Ticket.
2.3 Support Exclusions
The following Services are not included in Support and are exclusively beyond the Scope of this Agreement. These Support Services include:
Scenario support: Scenario Support shall refer to Mapping User's specific business use-case.
Data Entry & Data Import:- Frappe shall not be responsible for physically or electronically entering customer data into the database or/and importing data from Customer's legacy database or storage.
Client Script & Print Format:- Frappe shall not provide support in code customization to the Customers or/and provide amendments to the Print format.
Manual Data Sanitization:- Frappe shall not provide support is sorting or filtering of data of the Customer. The Customer is solely responsible for managing its own data.
User Management & Permission Management:- Customer shall be solely responsible for its User & Permission Management.
Infrastructure Purchase:- Frappe shall not provide any type of Infrastructure purchase to the Customer such as, but not limited to, server or any other type of hardware.
Frappe shall not provide a query session each of more than thirty (30) minutes. Frappe shall provide all support through the in-app support feature as described in more detail in the Documentation at https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support. Telephonic Support shall not be provided by Frappe to any Customer.
2.4 Support Hours
The Support hours are calculated under Indian Standard Time ("IST"). The coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as follows:
1.Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:00 to 18:00 IST
Support Email: email@example.com
The Email Support shall be only available on weekends (Saturday, Sunday) support in case if the in-app support is not accessible. Weekend Support shall only be available to Customer only on Critical issues.
Emails received outside the Business hours will be queued and we will try to ensure solving the issue the same or next business day.
The criteria of each level of Issue Priority shall be as per the following sequence. Each support issue will be classified based on the criticality and impact of Frappe.
2.5.1 Issue Priority
||System is inoperable / not functioning, Impact threatening productivity, Server Failure, Network down for the whole Office
||The system is operational but performance is very poor and which requires further investigation of the issue.
||The system is operational but the behavior of a specific feature or module is incorrect, Error Reports reported by User are automatically tagged as Bug
||When a Customer reports a service request like a major version upgrade
2.6. Support Resolution Time
For the above Issue Types, the response and resolution times are as specified below.
||Next Planned Release
These hours are subject to:
- The matrix shown above is for defined Business Hours.
- The response and resolution time are indicative and not final. Actual resolution may depend on factors that may be out of control such as unavailability of server etc.
- Frappe does not accept any penalty if these support requests are not resolved within the indicative times.
- Fixing is subject to the Release Process as mentioned under Section 5 of this Agreement. These levels and support hours may change based on the continuous improvement of our services.
3.1 Release Cycle
Frappe ensures that security fixes, bug fixes, upgrades, feature enhancements are deployed and released timely. Following is the release process:
- Regular Releases: Minor version releases for resolution of the bug fixes, new features, enhancement of existing features will be deployed once every three months. Issues tagged as Bug, Service Request, Discomfort are fixed/released in the said period.
- Critical Releases: To ensure that there is no compromise on customer experience, Frappe will resolve Issues tagged as Critical within 24 business hours.
Deployment of release will be done based on the deploy mechanism that is set up. If the Customer is on Frappe Hosted Instance, the deployment is done in off-peak hours and primarily there is reasonable minimum downtime.
For critical issues, deployment will be done as soon as the issue has been resolved and the release has been cleared for release.
To report an Issue, Customers shall raise a support ticket by visiting https://erpnext.com/frappe-in-app-support. In case, the issue has not been resolved according to the SLA Agreement, the issue can be escalated by reporting it via firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Issue is further not resolved, then in such cases the Customer can follow the escalation matrix as defined below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Email to Partner Team: firstname.lastname@example.org